Scholarship programs are approach for sharing knowledge and scope for developing a new world. It provides the opportunity for students from the developing countries to study abroad in their related fields. They are basically financial aids for studying abroad. This money is not needed to be paid back.
The scholarship programs are based on different ways such as
- Scholarships provided by collages: – These scholarships are provided by the collages management by taking decisions based on student’s accomplishments.
- Education Based: – These scholarships are based on kind of education a student wants to pursue in the field. These are provided by the collages. Basically related to higher education fields.
- Merit Based: – These are received to students based on their capabilities. Extracurricular activities, past service records, ranks in examinations, sports activities and participation are major points which are noted down at the time of decision making for scholarships.
- Based on Class: – It is based on classification of the student’s class. Based on his gender, religion, family and other reasons.
- Based on Requirements: – These are given to students based on their financial details, physical conditions and family background.
Scholarships policies between two countries are promoted by their government to encourage exchange of culture, trade, and relationships between the two. There are many training programs which are encouraged by joint ventures of collages, providing more and better opportunities for students.
Many governments are providing financial aid packages for student within the country. Scholarships are like a blessing for those students who belongs to the weakened part of the society and for those who are not able to educate further. It is an encouragement for students, who are explicit and do not have the sources to study.
World Bank Institute is currently providing training through its three programs:
- RSM Fellowship – Robert S. McNamara Fellowship program
- The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship program
- The Japan Indonesia Presidential Scholarship Program